As your local Florida Porsche dealers, we’ve heard plenty of stories about people being stuck on the side of the road due to a flat tire. While it’s never a welcomed experience, it does happen, and it can happen to you.
For that reason, we figured it would be a good idea to share some instructions that explain how you should change a tire.
- Slow down and navigate to a flat area of the road away from traffic
- Put your car in park and engage the parking brake
- Locate the spare tire, jack, and tire iron
- Loosen the lugs a bit with your tire iron
- Crank your jack so that the flat tire is completely off the ground
- Remove the lugs completely, along with the flat tire
- Line the spare tire with the wheel studs and reattach the wheel lugs
- Lower your car and finish tightening the lugs
Then, it’s important to stop by our Porsche service center near Fernandina Beach, FL. Spare tires have a limited lifespan and should only be driven for a short period of time. It’s important that you don’t drive fast either to prevent further damage. Our service center technicians will inspect the flat tire and determine the best course of action, either to repair the flat tire or replace it entirely.
For more information and tips on how to change a tire, get in touch with us at Porsche Jacksonville as soon as today! We look forward to working with you soon here at our FL Porsche dealership.