Having been a Jacksonville Porsche dealer for many years, we know a lot of motorists plan their spring and summer vacations this time of year. While a lot of drivers pack extra things in their automobiles when they’re getting ready for a road trip, there are several items you should always have in your vehicle in case you experience a problem on the road.
Whether you’re running to the grocery store or you’re heading out for an extended family vacation, make sure you have the following things in your car in case an emergency occurs and help isn’t immediately available:
- Spare Tire & Jack: A lot of vehicles still come with either a small spare or a full-size spare tire. If you don’t have a spare tire in your automobile, visit our Porsche dealership near St. Augustine, FL to get a tire that’s appropriately sized for your automobile before you leave home.
- First Aid Kit: Keep a fully stocked first aid kit in your car. Your kit should include things such as bandages, wet wipes, and an ice pack. If you take medication daily, you should also include a few doses of your medicine in your first aid kit in case you can’t get home to take your medicine on time.
- Road Flares: If you break down on the road, you’ll need to warn other drivers by using road flares or reflectors that can be seen from a considerable distance. Using these things will help prevent additional accidents.
- Tire Pressure Gauge & Portable Tire Inflator: A tire that doesn’t have enough air in it can pose a threat on the roadway. Make sure you have a tire pressure gauge so you can check your air pressure. If a tire is low, you can use your portable tire inflator to inflate your tire to the appropriate level.
- Emergency Escape Tool: You should have at least one emergency escape tool in your automobile. This tool can help you and your passengers get out of your vehicle if it becomes submerged in water or your car is involved in a serious accident.
In addition to the items listed above, it’s a good idea to keep jumper cables, a flashlight, a blanket, and an emergency supply of snacks and beverages in your vehicle. If you need to pick up some of the items that you should have in your car at all times, start shopping by visiting our Porsche parts center on Atlantic Boulevard. Stop by Porsche of Jacksonville to get what you need today.